Here is what’s happening for road work, closures and detours in and around Newport, RI this week.
Roadwork scheduled by Rhode Island Department Of Transportation: November 25 – December 1, 2017
Tiverton/Portsmouth: Rte. 24 South at the Old Sakonnet River Bridge, please watch for construction vehicles exiting and entering the shoulder to access the construction site, weekdays from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. through Summer 2018.
Little Compton: Snell Rd. East and West, from East Main Rd. to Long Hwy., alternating one-way traffic for construction, Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Middletown: West Main Rd. from Commercial St. to Maplewood Rd., one lane closed for paving, Monday from 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Expect delays.
Middletown: East Main Rd., from West Main Rd. to Rego Rd., one lane closed for paving, Tuesday from 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Expect delays. Please note: additional operations will take place Wednesday-Friday during the same time period.
Portsmouth: Rte. 138 (East Main Rd.) East and West, from Child St. to President Ave., right shoulder closures for construction, Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Roadwork scheduled by Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority: 11/26-12/2
Claiborne Pell Bridge:
Westbound Right Lane Closure-11/27 and 12/1- 7 am to 2:30 pm
Eastbound Right and Left Lane Closures-11/27 and 12/1- 9 am to 3 pm
Rolling Lane Closures- On/Off Ramps- 11/28 and 11/30- 7 am to 2 pm
Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge: Rolling Lane Closures- On/Off Ramps- 11/28 and 11/30- 7 am to 2 pm
Route 138 Connector: There are currently no Lane Closures on the Route 138 Connector.
Mount Hope Bridge: Northbound Lane Closure-11/27 and 11/30- 9 am to 3 pm
Sakonnet River Bridge: There are currently no Lane Closures on the Sakonnet River Bridge.*
*The Rhode Island Department of Transportation is currently removing the old Sakonnet River Bridge. Expect construction vehicles to enter and leave the site possibly causing brief delays Monday through Friday between the hours of 7 am – 3:30 pm.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)