Friends of Ballard Park has announced that they will be hosting a cleanup of Ballard Park on Saturday, December 2nd from 10 am to 12 noon to get the park ready for its 13th Annual Illuminated Garden in February.
Volunteers are needed to remove invasive plants. They will also pick up trash and scrape paint from the entry gates. For those who have community service requirements, the clean-up may be used for service hours. Volunteers should bring any forms they need signed to the clean-up. Those interested in volunteering should meet at the Hazard Road entrance at 10 am.
Emailinfo@ballardpark.org to sign up or for more information. Drop-ins welcome.
Ballard Park is located on the corner of Hazard and Wickham Roads. Event goers should meet in the quarry meadow. Enter at 21 Hazard Road.
For more information about the Friends of Ballard Park or to join, call 619.3377 or visit www.ballardpark.org.
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record