Governor Gina M. Raimondo, Treasurer Seth Magaziner and Education Commissioner Ken Wagner held a public forum on school facilities at Rogers High School on Monday, October 12th at 6 pm. It was the first of a series of public forums held around the state to provide the Governor and the Rhode Island School Building Task Force co-chaired by Treasurer Magaziner and Commissioner Wagner with feedback from parents, teachers, administrators and members of the community.
The R.I. Department of Education’s 2017 State of Rhode Island Schoolhouses report forecasts $627.5 million in high-priority construction and repairs needed to keep students and teachers warm, safe and dry in their classrooms. The statewide cost to bring all school buildings into ideal condition is estimated at $2.2 billion.
Video via R.I. General Treasurer Seth Magaziner
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend