Figuratively, we travel from a concert hall in Gargilesse – Dampierre, France to the Charles River in Boston.
Arilyn Mitchell, a 17-year-old harpist who plays with the Boston Philharmonic Youth Orchestra, joined me with Mary-Gail Smith of the Alliance Francaise of Newport recently on AM 1540 WADK Newport.
Alliance Francaise is sponsoring Arilyn’s concert on Thursday, October 12th at the Redwood Library.
I was also joined by Fred Schoch, executive director of the Head of the Charles Regatta, a huge rowing competition that attracts 11,000 rowers from around the world, and 400,000 spectators.
Listen to the podcast here – http://wadk.com/podcasts/the-open-forum?play_file=62553.
The Latest From WUN
- Grammy-Nominated Artist Leigh Nash playing Club Passim Tuesday, November 2
- Hocus Pocus 2 begins filming in Rhode Island
- Kerri Powers and Stefan Couture playing Blackstone River Theatre October 30th
- “Creatures of Imagination” exhibition opens Oct. 21 at Salve Regina’s Hamilton Gallery
- What Sold: 24 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (Oct. 11 – 15)