Newport Police Department announced via a press release on September 30th that beginning on November 1st that the male Police Officers of the Newport Police Department will be participating in “No-Shave November”.
“The goal of No-Shave November is to grow Cancer awareness and raise funds to support Cancer prevention, research and education. As part of our fund raising efforts, our Officers will be growing beards/goatees during the month of November and donating the money to https://no-shave.org/,” the press release states.
According to their website, No-Shave November is a web-based, non-profit organization devoted to growing cancer awareness and raising funds to support cancer prevention, research, and education.
For more information, visit https://no-shave.org/.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Newport Illuminated Boat Parade canceled due to weather
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Neutral Nation, Deer Tick and the All-Star Stars
- MLK Center to host free community holiday dinner on December 1
- Newport, Tiverton groups sharing $660,000 in grants to strengthen nonprofits led by people of color
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Schemers ring in the holiday season at The Met
- Blackstone River Theatre Holiday Craft Fair and Festival returns with 24 crafters and live music
- Just My Opinion: What are you thankful for in 2021?
- Newport Jazz Festival releases 2021 Thank You Video
- RITBA: For the first time since the pandemic began, traffic returning to 2019 levels on Pell Bridge
- Singing For Shelter returns December 1 – 22, nightly virtual live concerts will raise money for local shelters