Newport Police Department announced via a press release on September 30th that beginning on November 1st that the male Police Officers of the Newport Police Department will be participating in “No-Shave November”.
“The goal of No-Shave November is to grow Cancer awareness and raise funds to support Cancer prevention, research and education. As part of our fund raising efforts, our Officers will be growing beards/goatees during the month of November and donating the money to https://no-shave.org/,” the press release states.
According to their website, No-Shave November is a web-based, non-profit organization devoted to growing cancer awareness and raising funds to support cancer prevention, research, and education.
For more information, visit https://no-shave.org/.
More from What's Up Newp
- Newport Gallery Night returns on August 12
- Obituary: Belmira Silvia
- Obituary: Jayne Ellen Byam
- Obituary: Susan Christie
- Obituary: Eileen Burke
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 3 Recap and Photos (August 1)
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)