C-SPAN has spent this last full week of October filming for their popular series “C-SPAN Cities Tour” in Newport.
C-SPAN’s Cities Tour has been filming and interviewing local figures at Fort Adams State Park, Eisenhower House, Hammersmith Farm, Rosecliff and Newport Historical Society, according to the tours official Twitter Account.
The specially outfitted C-SPAN Local Content Vehicle has been spotted in and around Newport all week.
“C-SPAN’s Cities Tour takes our Book TV and American History TV on the road. On the first and third weekend of each month, we’ll feature the literary life and history of a selected city,” a decription of the series states on www.c-span.org. “Working with our cable partners, our producing team will take specially outfitted Local Content Vehicles (LCVs) into each city, visiting various literary and historic sites as we interview local historians, authors, and civic leaders. We’ll also meet with students, teachers, elected officials, and organizations to talk about C-SPAN’s mission in covering public affairs programming, and what the local connections are to national politics.”
Look for everything that the C-SPAN Cities Tour has captured while in Newport on C-SPAN on January 20th and 21st, 2018.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library
- Governor, RIDOH, Newport City officials, community partners to host canvassing effort on Wednesday to encourage vaccination