The project is a continuation of the work done in May and June; it consists of partial removal and replacement of the Bridge deck. Due to the delay, beginning September 21, single travel lanes in each direction will be in place. Overwide vehicles with a width exceeding 8 feet 6 inches will be prohibited from crossing the bridge and overweight vehicles with Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 80,000 pounds are also prohibited from crossing.
For more information on this project and to access real-time traffic updates visit RITBA.org.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend