Chris Maxwell, President of the Rhode Island Trucking Association, join me today on AM 1540 WADK to update us about the opposition to the truck only tolls that state officials believe will go into effect later this year.
He continues to anticipate the national trucking association will eventually file suit that will either derail the program or possibly lead to its extension to include car tolls.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free