The 200-foot Tall Ship SSV Oliver Hazard Perry will be open for free tours to all Newport International Boat Show ticket holders from 10 am – 6 pm Thursday, Sept. 14 through Saturday, Sept. 16 and from 10 am to 5 pm Sunday, Sept.17. She will be berthed at Perry Mill Wharf, next to the Newport Yachting Center in downtown Newport.
More than 1,000 visitors toured the ship over Labor Day Weekend at Fort Adams State Park, where the ship berths while not underway for its education-at-sea programs. The largest privately-funded, actively sailing civilian Tall Ship in the U.S., Perry also is Rhode Island’s Official Sailing Education Vessel. Support from charitable, corporate and marine industry partnerships as well as private donations help fund sail trainee scholarships, partnerships with public schools, youth organizations, and activities that ensure wide public access to Oliver Hazard Perry Rhode Island’s offerings.
For more information on the Tall Ship SSV Oliver Hazard Perry, visit www.ohpri.org.
The Newport International Boat Show, September 14-17, 2017, will feature new sailboats and powerboats, and thousands of products and services from both domestic and international exhibitors. Multiple waterfront facilities along America’s Cup Avenue host the Show including Newport Yachting Center, Oldport Marine, Bannister’s Wharf and Bowen’s Wharf.
For more information on the Newport International Boat Show, visit www.newportboatshow.com.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13