The estimated jackpot for Wednesday, August 23rd’s Powerball drawing is now $700 million.
Saturday’s estimated jackpot was $535 million, there were no jackpot or million dollar winners.
Wednesday night’s cash option is an estimated $443.3 million. Tickets can be purchased up until 9:50 pm on Wednesday night.
It was in March 2012 that Newport’s own Louise White stepped forward as the winner of a $336.4 million jackpot, at the time it was the third largest Powerball lottery in the history of the game.
Wednesday night’s jackpot is currently the second highest jackpot in Powerball history.
The Rhode Island Lottery reminds players that they should sign the back of their tickets immediately upon purchase and put them in a safe place. The tickets are the only way claim to a prize. The Lottery also reminds everyone to play responsibly.
Update: This story has been updated since the jackpot jumped from $650 million to 700 million.
More from What’s Up Newp
- 23 Open Houses to check out in Newport County this weekend
- Obituary: Eileen Schultz English
- Obituary: Joseph R Casale
- Gerry Goldstein: Horse sense from a cowboy philosopher
- Opinion: Lucy’s Hearth needs the community’s support now more than ever
- National Grid making progress in restoration efforts
- Celtic Woman’s “Postcards From Ireland” arriving at Mohegan Sun Arena on March 18, 2022
- What’s Up This Weekend: Salve Fall Festival Weekend, Halloween Hilarity, Trunk or Treat, and more
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels