Hurricane Gert may be spinning away from the United States a few hundred miles away to our south, but she served up some fun conditions for local surfers on Wednesday and Thursday.
All photos by Patrick Murphy, contributor to What’sUpNewp, the photographer behind The Kings Lens and Founder of The Kings Lens and Friends. The Kings Lens And Friends, located at7 Carroll Avenue, is a revolving art gallery for Patrick Murphys photography and talented artist alike.
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”10″ gal_title=”Hurricane Gert”]
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13