The Admiral Fitzroy Inn, located at 398 Thames Street in Newport, is now hiring for the position of Overnight Innsitter.
Walk through the Inn after front desk closes to double check doors, windows, coffee maker, lights.
Respond to all guest calls for assistance via back doorbell, intercom, remote desk bell, in a timely and professional manner between 9 pm and 7 am. Record date, time, guest problem and leave for the manager.
Trouble shoot noise from the ”party house” next door; typically we go through a routine of giving them one warning and then calling the police. Shortly thereafter they quiet down as they are warned by police they will get fined
Extra attention paid to house full of guests for an event buy-out.
At some point in the morning pick up any trash in the courtyard.
Make sure pumps outside conference room are operating in the event of heavy rain and if necessary run the hand pump
Winter snow removal and ice melt/sand on walkways and stairs front and back. We have a plow company for parking lot and driveway.
Understand and execute evacuation of guests in the event of a fire emergency. Cover the Inn during a power outage; assist guests with flashlights and anything they might need.
May 1 through Oct 31: 6 nights a week: 9:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. (typically the same night but every so often we need to change the evening)
Nov 1 through April 30: 5 nights a week (or less): 9:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. There will be quite a few nights during this time period where there will be no guests in the house and you will have additional nights off.
Small one bedroom apartment, all utilities, cable, wifi included. Use of one parking space. (may need to double up with another staff member when Inn is full)
We issue a check once a month which then gets signed back over to the Inn but allows you to be on the payroll for workmen’s compensation in the event of an accident.
Apartment lease and guide rules will be signed by both parties. This is a one year lease with an option for renewing position and lease for up to 3 years.
If interested please send resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us in person at 398 Thames Street, Newport. We are looking to fill this position in early September 2017.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now