Naval Station Newport has announced it will host ‘Salute To Summer’, their annual free concert and fireworks show, on Saturday, August 26th at Dewey Field.
The free event, which runs from 2 pm to 10:30 pm, will include live music, dance, food and drink concessions, a kids area and of course, a fireworks display. The event is open to the general public, guests should be prepared to present a picture I.D. upon entry to the base.
Performing at the event will be Ben O’Connor (3 pm), Changes In Latitudes (5 pm) and Navy Band Northeast (7 pm). Fireworks are scheduled to be shot off at 9:15 pm.
Field gates will open at 2 pm for patrons with base access and Gate 1 will open at 4 pm.for the general public – pedestrians only.
Coolers, glass bottles, pets, outside food & drinks, banners or signs of any type, firearms, forms of defensive sprays or chemicals, illegal drugs or paraphernalia, drones or weapons are NOT allowed.
Strollers and small bags such as diaper bags, backpacks or handbags are permitted, however, will be subject to search.
Parking is available at the Naval Health Clinic New England parking lot off of Third Street for guests who do not have Department of Defense Identification Cards. Handicap parking is available at Pass & ID (before Gate One) with golf cart shuttles to Dewey Field.
For more information, visit the Facebook Event or call MWR Special Events (401) 841-3127.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)