Newport Police Department announced via a press release on Tuesday, June 6th that on June 5th, at about 8:30 p.m., Detectives assigned to the Newport Police Department Vice/Narcotics Division in conjunction with Detectives from the Pawtucket Police Department arrested 22-year-old Middletown resident Cristian Febles on charges of Delivery of Cocaine.
Detectives received information that Febles was selling Cocaine in the Newport area. During a month long investigation, Febles allegedly sold Cocaine to an undercover Detective from the Pawtucket Police Department source on June 2, 2017 and June 5, 2017.
Febles was subsequently arrested on 2 charges of Delivery of Cocaine, 1 in the City of Newport and the other in the Town of Middletown.
Febles is currently on bail and awaiting sentencing for felony charges of Possession of a Firearm by Persons Convicted of a Crime of Violence and License Required for Carrying a Pistol. These charges stemmed from an arrest on October 19, 2016.
This story will be updated if more information is received.
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record