Gray Matter Marketing is an award-winning events producer, with a portfolio including the Amica Newport Marathon, Ocean Road 10k, Newport 10 Miler, Citizens Bank Pell Bridge Run and the Craft Brew Race series, which includes a Stowe stop on it’s New England circuit. “Stowe is an amazing year-round destination and we look forward to showcasing this to runners from around the country on November 5.” says Matthew Gray, President of Gray Matter Marketing. “We have designed the course to start and finish at the Mayo Farms, which is fitting as we are once again partnering in preservation with the Stowe Land Trust to support their mission and our passion for the outdoors.”
“Stowe’s open space and scenic beauty make it a favorite for outdoor enthusiasts,” said Caitrin Maloney, Executive Director of the Stowe Land Trust. “By keeping land open, whether it’s a working farm or forested hillside, we are able to provide the stunning landscape thousands of visitors and locals come here to experience. Stowe Land Trust is so grateful for being chosen as the community partner for this event and we’re very excited to welcome a new race event to town.”
The course starts at Mayo Farm Event Fields, and winds through the rolling hills of the backcountry of Stowe, passing through farmland and quiet neighborhoods before joining up with the Stowe Recreation Path, crossing the West Branch River to a finish back at Mayo Farm. The starting gun is at 9AM. Tickets for entry into the race start at $45 and will increase as the event gets closer. Tickets are available now for the race only, and for the race and after party, on www.vermont10miler.com.
The after-party at Sushi Yoshi will be from 11:30-2:30 pm. Party tickets are $20 and feature two bars, serving Vermont’s best craft beers including, but not limited to, Hill Farmstead, Lawson’s, Von Trapp, Lost Nation and Alchemist — and the first one is on us! The after party also includes passed appetizers and a buffet.
Tickets are on sale now, with early bird pricing available until July 1st.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Folk 2021 – The final day of “Folk On” (July 28)
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library