The Preservation Society of Newport County has announced that they will break ground on construction of a welcome center at The Breakers on Thursday, May 18 at 9 am.
Behan Bros. of Newport has been selected as the prime contractor for the project, construction is expected to take one year to complete. The design of the welcome center provides for indoor ticketing, expanded modern comfort facilities, and refreshment service.
Representatives of the Preservation Society’s Board of Trustees, project architect Alan Joslin of Epstein Joslin Architects, project landscape architects Doug Reed and John Grove of Reed Hilderbrand, and contractor Michael Behan will participate in the groundbreaking ceremony.
For more information on The Breakers welcome center, visit http://www.newportmansions.org/about-us/breakers-welcome-center.
- Governor Asked to Review Controversial Breakers Proposal
- Don’t Break The Breakers: Online Petition Has Gathered Signatures from all 50 U.S. States
- Behan Bros. Selected to Construct $5.4 Million Welcome Center at The Breakers
- Opposition of Welcome Center Offers $200,000 to ‘Save The Breakers Landscape’ (Updated)
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso