The Fort Adams Trust announces that over the weekend of May 6th – 7th over 250 visitors viewed the Eisenhower House and another 130 Newport County residents enjoyed the Free Tours of Fort Adams at the state park in Newport, RI.
The Free Tours’ event is part of a three week promotion that the Fort Adams Trust is doing to invite Newport County residents to tour Fort Adams and the Eisenhower House on weekends until May 14th. Now through its second weekend, the Free Tours events have had over 550 visitors to the Eisenhower House and over 230 Newport County residents take the Fort Adams tours. The free weekend tours are all part of the Fort Adams Trust’s spring membership drive to show appreciation of Newport County residents and their support of the Trust.
“Although Saturday’s weather was far from what we would want especially for the fort tours, we did get a very good showing at the Eisenhower House given its coverage,” stated Rob McCormack, Director of Visitor Experience for The Adams Trust. “It has been a privilege to open the House as part of the Trust’s Free Tours’ events and we are very pleased with the high interest in the fort tours by Newport County locals. Their advocacy of how unique the fort experience is really helps spread the word to friends and visitors,” McCormack further added.
The final Free Tours of Fort Adams and the Eisenhower House event will be held this coming weekend, May 13th & 14th with operating hours of 10AM – 4PM and 12 – 2PM respectively.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals