Newport Flower Show, themed Fête Des Fleurs: Paintings and Parterres, will take place at Rosecliff from Friday, June 23 through Sunday, June 25, 2017. America’s premier summer flower show will transport guests’ imaginations to France, the place that has inspired generations of artists and gardeners.
Newport Flower Show highlights include:
- Opening Night Party Presented by ALEX AND ANI: Friday, June 23, 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Afternoon Tea Reception with Iris Apfel Presented by Atelier Swarovski: Friday, June 23, 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday Champagne & Jazz Brunch: Sunday, June 25, 11:00 a.m.
- *NEW* Fête de la Lune and “A Little Chaos” Film Viewing Presented by Brooks Brothers: Saturday, June 24, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. supper; film viewing begins at 7:45 p.m. Guests can enjoy a picnic supper on the grounds of Rosecliff while viewing the display gardens. Attendees can also opt to stay after supper for a viewing of the 2015 hit movie “A Little Chaos” starring Alan Rickman, Kate Winslet, and Stanley Tucci.
- Lecture Luncheons with Jeff Leatham and Dr. Eric T. Haskell: Friday, June 23 with Jeff Leatham at 11:30a.m.; Saturday, June 24 with Dr. Eric T. Haskell at 12:00 p.m. Guests will have the rare chance to learn from Leatham, who is considered one of the most exciting floral designers in the world and has worked with the likes of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Oprah, Madonna, Chelsea Clinton, Cher, and many more. Haskell, Professor of French Studies & Humanities and Director of the Clark Humanities Museum at Scripps College in California, will share his vast knowledge on French gardens in his lecture “Lasting Landscapes: The French Formal Garden.”
The show will continue throughout the weekend with unforgettable garden exhibits, horticultural entries, floral designs, and children’s programming, all staged throughout the elegant reception rooms of Rosecliff, its oceanfront terrace and lawn. Free lectures and demonstrations by noted plant experts, flower designers and gardeners will also be presented throughout the weekend. For more details, pricing information, and to purchase tickets for the Newport Flower Show and the special events and featured lectures throughout the weekend, visit www.NewportFlowerShow.org.
The magnificent three-day event welcomes back Bartlett Tree Experts as Presenting Sponsor. Additional sponsors include ALEX AND ANI, Atelier Swarovski, Atria Senior Living, Brooks Brothers, Caspari, Coca Cola Bottling Company of Southeastern New England, Mottahedeh, Proven Winners, United, and The Newport Daily News. All proceeds from the show benefit The Preservation Society of Newport County.
The Newport Flower Show will be open to the public from 10:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 23, and from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday, June 24 & 25.