Rail Explorers, an eco-tour company featuring pedal-powered rail bikes operating along Aquidneck Island’s historic rail lines, will offer a specially priced tour for Newport County residents on Wednesday, May 3 and Wednesday, May 17 from its depot in Portsmouth.
“We are very pleased to offer this special opportunity for the residents of Newport County who have warmly welcomed Rail Explorers into the community” stated Rail Explorers CEO Mary Joy Lu.
The tours will feature a six mile exploration of the historic railroad between Portsmouth and the Sakonnet River.
Tickets, priced at $10 per person, are available for special tours at 5 pm and 6:30 pm, on May 3 and May 17. Tickets will go on sale on Friday, April 28, at noon, and are available by calling 877-833-8588. A limited number of tickets are available and are on a first-come first-served basis. Tickets are not available online for this special tour and are limited to 4 passengers per reservation.
All tours begin at 1 Alexander Road at Melville in Portsmouth, Rhode Island. The Rail Explorers: Rhode Island Division is presented by the Newport and Narragansett Bay Railroad.
For further information on Rail Explorers, visit: www.railexplorers.net
The Latest From WUN
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical “Million Dollar Quartet” coming to Boston’s Boch Center October 29th + 30th
- Gerry Goldstein: For Mercy’s sake, he stood guard through the night
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million