Stephanie Gael Berberick, 31, of Portsmouth, died peacefully on March 30, 2017 at Newport Hospital. Stephanie was born April 28, 1985 in Fort Sill, Oklahoma. She is the daughter of Raymond E. Berberick Jr. and Gael (Powers) Berberick of Portsmouth.
Stephanie was a loving daughter, sister and cousin who brought joy to all who knew her. She had a happy life at her group home in Portsmouth where she enjoyed music, movies, Wheel of Fortune, and parties. She enjoyed sailing, bowling, shopping and day trips to many places in Southern New England. In her early years, she enjoyed cross country trips, saw many states and enjoyed spending time with her grandparents. Stephie had a special gift to bring out the best in people and a big heart that brought people closer together.
In addition to her parents, she is survived by her siblings Jeff Berberick of San Diego, CA, Andrea Berberick of Centreville, VA and James Berberick of Portsmouth; her grandparents Nancy Berberick of Marshfield, MA; Raymond E. Berberick Sr. of Westport, MA and several aunts and uncles, Sheryll Berberick of Methuen, MA. Mary Ellen and Alan Adamson of Buford, GA, Jane Kranyak of Centreville, VA, Dennis Kranyak of Centreville, VA; and , Gregory and Lynne Powers of San Clemente, CA, as well as many cousins.
Visitation will be held on Wednesday, April 5th, from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the Connors Funeral Home, 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth, RI.
Her funeral will be held on Thursday, April 6th at 9:30 am from the Connors Funeral Home, followed by a Mass of Christian Burial at 10:30 am in St. Barnabas Church, 1697 East Main Road, Portsmouth, RI.
In lieu of flowers, donations in her honor would be greatly appreciated to either Looking Upwards, Inc., P.O. Box 4289, Middletown, RI 02842 or to James L. Maher Center, PO Box 4390, Middletown, RI 02842.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year
- Home on Chastellux Avenue in Newport sells for $7.1 million