Kenneth R. Silvia, age 70, passed away peacefully at his home in Jamestown, RI on Friday April 21, 2017.
Born in Fall River, MA on April 16, 1947, he was the son of the late Manuel and the late Beatrice (Martin) Silvia.
He is the beloved husband of 47 years of Peggy (Aguiar) Silvia and the dear father of Judd Silvia and wife Meredith, and Adam Silvia and wife Lisa. His is survived by his beloved grandchildren Gwyneth, Nick, Nathan, Kathryn, and Anthony Silvia.
He also leaves a brother Bob Silvia (Irene) of Fall River, MA, nieces, and extended family.
He came to Jamestown in 1965 and worked as the town barber for over 50 years.
He loved Jamestown, where he could spend days golfing and fishing his “secret spots” with his two boys, and then go island hopping in search of sea glass with his grandchildren.
And that is how he wants to be remembered, loving his family above all.
Calling hours will be held on Wednesday, April 26, 4:00-7:00pm in the Memorial Funeral Home, 375 Broadway, Newport.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Thursday, April 27, at 10:00 in St. Mark Church 60 Narragansett Ave., Jamestown. Burial will follow in St. Mark Cemetery.
We would like to express our deepest gratitude to Visiting Nurse and Hospice Services of Newport and Bristol Counties, with special thanks to Wendy, Julie, and Margaret.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to:
The Tomorrow Fund, Hasbro Children’s Hospital, 593 Eddy St., Providence, RI 02903
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13