Nearly 2,000 runners will compete in the inaugural Newport Rhode Races on Saturday, April 15th, which features a marathon, half-marathon and 5k. The marathon begins at 7:30 a.m., the half marathon at 8 a.m., and the 5k
The marathon begins at 7:30 a.m., the half marathon at 8 a.m., and the 5k begins at 8:15 a.m. on Saturday, April 15th at Easton’s Beach.
Newport Police Department has confirmed the following streets will be affected and may have temporary delays for motor vehicle traffic;
- Memorial Blvd Westbound will be utilized for both east and west bound motor vehicle traffic between Middleton Ave and Middletown Town line.
- Memorial Blvd Eastbound will be closed from Middleton Ave to the Middletown Town line.
- Runners will travel from Memorial Blvd to Annandale Road, Narragansett Ave, Marchant Street, Wellington Ave, Harrison Ave, Ocean Ave, Bellevue Ave, Ruggles Ave, Ochre Point Ave, Narragansett Ave, Annandale Road, Memorial Blvd, to Easton’s Beach.
For more info on Newport Rhode Races, visit Inaugural Newport Rhode Races kicks off Marathon Weekend in April.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Folk 2021 – The final day of “Folk On” (July 28)
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library