The fifth annual 4 Bridges Ride, sponsored by the Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority Foundation will be held on Sunday, September 17th 2017.
The 26 mile charity ride allows cyclists an opportunity to cross the Verrazzano, Pell, Sakonnet and Mt. Hope Bridges connecting the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations. All net proceeds from rider registration and sponsorships from this year’s 4 Bridges Ride will be donated to Save The Bay, in support of their mission to protect our vital waterways.
The event will start at 7 a.m. in North Kingstown, and finish on the campus of Roger Williams University in Bristol. Parking will be provided at the finish line of the event adjacent to Roger Williams University on Old Ferry Road starting at 5:00 a.m. on Sunday, September 17th. From there, shuttles will be provided to all participants and will run from 5:00 a.m. until 6:15 a.m. More information and a detailed weekend schedule is available at www.4bridgesride.com.
The 4 Bridges Ride is produced by Gray Matter Marketing, an award-winning event company with a portfolio including the Amica Newport Marathon, Ocean Road 10k, Newport 10 Miler, and the Citizens Bank Pell Bridge Run.
For more information and to register, visit www.4bridgesride.com.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill