Martha Jane (Todd) Braley, 78, of Leonard Terrace, Newport, RI, passed away peacefully at home on Tuesday, February 28, 2017.
She was the wife of the late Roger L. Braley, Jr.
Born in Tuscumbia, AL on September 15, 1938, she was the daughter of the late Fred W. and Leola W. (Willingham) Todd.
Mrs. Braley was a Certified Nursing Assistant in the Newport area for over 30 years, retiring from St. Clare Home, where she was also a cook.
She is survived by her children, Cheryl Gordon of Middletown, RI, Linda Leonard of Portsmouth, RI, and Michael and James Braley, both of Newport, RI; her grandchildren, Yvonne Dimech, Cassandra Dimech, Casey Braley, Bryan Braley and Courtney Braley; her two great-grandchildren, Gavin and Savannah; and her sisters and brother, Betty Omara, Peggy Kirkland, Rita McGuire and James Todd.
Calling hours will be held on Sunday, March 5, 2017 from 4:00-7:00 p.m. in Hambly “Brick House”, 30 Red Cross Avenue, Newport, RI.
A graveside service will be held on Monday, March 6, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. in Middletown Four Corners Cemetery, Turner and Wyatt Roads, Middletown.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place Memphis, TN 38105. (www.stjude.org/donate)
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)