Do you have an idea on how to create a healthy athletic activity for the children of Newport County? How about increasing good health habits, building confidence and a sense of achievement?
If you do, then apply before March 31st for funding from the Frederick Henry Prince Memorial Fund at Newport Hospital and become Powered by Prince!
“We’re proud to partner with the Prince family and to carry out the initiatives launched by the Frederick Henry Prince Memorial Fund,” says Loriana De Crescenzo, chief development officer at Newport Hospital. “Over the past four years, nearly $300,00 has been awarded to 21 local organizations to support programs that engage kids in outdoor sports and other healthy activities. You don’t have to be a 501c3 to apply for the grant, so we encourage our community ‘athletic entrepreneurs’ to present their ideas! The deadline is March 31st.”
This community grant program is for residents and organizations in Newport County focused on building a healthier community for our kids.
Last year, the Fund awarded $75,330 to several local entities for community programs ranging from biking, ballet, soccer, and rugby to trail guiding, pet care courses, and instruction on designing, building and rowing a boat. To date, more than $291,000 has been awarded to Newport County individuals and organizations. The grant is open for applications from March 1 through March 31, 2017. Applications will be reviewed in April and funding awards will be announced in May 2017.
The grant application is available online at www.poweredbyprince.com and is easy to review and complete. Apply and help make Newport a healthier county.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Folk 2021 – The final day of “Folk On” (July 28)
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library