Do you have an idea on how to create a healthy athletic activity for the children of Newport County? How about increasing good health habits, building confidence and a sense of achievement? If you do, then apply for funding from the Frederick Henry Prince Memorial Fund at Newport Hospital and become Powered by Prince!
This community grant program is for residents and organizations in Newport County focused on building a healthier community for our kids. Last year, the Fund awarded $75,330 to several local entities for community programs ranging from biking, ballet, soccer, and rugby to trail guiding, pet care courses, and instruction on designing, building and rowing a boat. To date, more than $291,000 has been awarded to Newport County individuals and organizations. The grant is open for applications from March 1 through March 31, 2017. Applications will be reviewed in April and funding awards will be announced in May 2017.
The grant application is available online at www.poweredbyprince.com and is easy to review and complete. Apply and help make Newport a healthier county.
About Frederick Henry Prince Memorial Fund
In 2010, a $3 million grant from the Frederick Henry Prince 1932 Trust was conferred to Newport Hospital by Elizabeth Prince of Newport and her children Guillaume de Ramel, Diana Oehrli and Regis de Ramel. Established in partnership with Newport Hospital, the Frederick Henry Prince Memorial Fund was created with that donation. Funding is available for programs that focus on under-served, school-age children in Newport County and promotes health and fitness through activity and participation
Information from a Frederick Henry Prince Memorial Fund press release was used in this story.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13