The Annual Newport Saint Patrick’s Day Parade is arguably one of the busiest days of the year in Newport, and there’s no secret that our city needs a pick-me-up when the crowds go home.
For the 7th year in a row, Brick Alley Pub will once again host their Annual Post-Parade Day Clean-Up!
The cleanup will be held the morning after the 61st Annual Newport St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Sunday March 12th from 10:00 a.m. to noon.
Over the last couple of years, volunteers have joined the Brick Alley Pub team to collect well over 700lbs of trash the morning following the parade.
Those who are interested in helping the Brick Alley Pub team and other volunteers help clean up Newport, can commit to as much or as little time as they have available. The crew of volunteers will meet at 10:00 a.m. at Brick Alley Pub and will wrap up around 12 p.m.
Everyone that volunteers to help with this effort will receive free admission to What’sUpNewp’s 5th Anniversary Party, a $10 gift certificate to Plumby’s Upstairs Burger Bar and a complimentary Newport Storm Spring Irish Red Ale (for those 21+).
Brick Alley Pub will provide all the necessary supplies (gloves, trash bags, sweepers, etc.) – you just need to bring yourself and a friend or two! For any students needing some community service hours, this is a great way fulfill.
What’sUpNewp 5th Anniversary Party
Join the What’s Up Newp Crew at Plumby’s Upstairs Burger Bar at Brick Alley Pub on Sunday, March 12th for our 5th Anniversary Party.
It’s hard to believe it’s been exactly 5 years since What’sUpNewp launched on March 12th, 2012. Swing on by Plumby’s, meet the What’sUpNewp Crew and help us celebrate – we’ll have some giveaways (from our amazing sponsors and advertisers), games and more fun for ya.
It’s not just a party, it’s also a day of giving back to the community that we call home!
There will be a $10 suggest donation, proceeds will benefit the great programs at Newport County YMCA. If you’d like to secure your ticket now, you can do so here – https://squareup.com/store/whatsupnewp/item/what-supnewp-th-anniversary-party.
Everyone that join us in participating in the cleanup will get into our Anniversary Party for free, where the first Newport Storm Spring Irish Red Ale is on us. Brick Alley will also be throwing you a $10 gift card to use for food at Plumby’s that day.
If you’d like to get involved as a sponsor, musician or organization; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401-662-1653.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits