There may be no one meal, appetizer or dish people look forward to more when they come to Newport than a cup or bowl of chowder. Perhaps far too often we’re asked “Who has the best ______?” or “Where should we go for ______?” and often it has to do with seafood, and in particular chowder.
We’re putting the question out to our loyal readers and the chowder aficionados out there, what restaurant does serve up the best clam chowder in Newport, RI?
February 25th is designated as National Clam Chowder Day, a day to celebrate this delicious dish.
We don’t dear ask the question, red or white?
Note: This story and poll was originally published on February 25, 2016.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals