There may be no one meal, appetizer or dish people look forward to more when they come to Newport than a cup or bowl of chowder. Perhaps far too often we’re asked “Who has the best ______?” or “Where should we go for ______?” and often it has to do with seafood, and in particular chowder.
We’re putting the question out to our loyal readers and the chowder aficionados out there, what restaurant does serve up the best clam chowder in Newport, RI?
February 25th is designated as National Clam Chowder Day, a day to celebrate this delicious dish.
We don’t dear ask the question, red or white?
Note: This story and poll was originally published on February 25, 2016.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- Now Hiring: 130+ businesses hiring right now in the Newport area