Newport is among the most six popular cities in the U.S. to travel to this spring, according to a news release highlighting 2017 Spring Break Travel Trends from Booking.com.
Booking.com has found that Newport is among this year’s trending cities, based on current bookings. Newport joins Big Bear Lake, California; Charleston, South Carolina; Moab, Utah; South Lake Tahoe, California; and Tulum, Mexico as top spots for those looking for the Spring Break destinations attracting the biggest crowds.
Although Booking.com’s data shows that Spring Break (March 18th – April 30th) will be 2% more expensive than last year, there are a few popular destinations that stood out as being slightly less expensive throughout the six week travel period in the report: Atlantic City (11% cheaper), New Orleans (8% cheaper), Miami Beach (4% cheaper) and Tampa (9% cheaper).
There was no data provided on comparable cost of what Spring Break in Newport will cost the average visitor this year, compared to the past.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend