What remained for available tickets to the 2017 Newport Folk Festival have now all sold out.
Tickets for the 2017 Newport Folk Festival went on sale at 10 a.m. on November 30th, about a week earlier than last year. New this year, tickets were sold through Eventbrite, instead of Ticketmaster, and there was a payment plan option.
Within what seemed like minutes, 3 day passes ($199), 2 day passes ($159), Saturday single day tickets ($90) and Sunday single-day tickets ($85) were sold out. Children passes for all three days have also sold out. Single day tickets for Friday, July 28th remained available until just recently.
To date, 8 artists have been announced for the 2017 Newport Folk Festival. See the lineup here – 2017 Newport Folk Festival: Rolling Lineup Announcements (Updated)
The capacity of the Newport Folk Festival and Newport Jazz Festival at Fort Adams State Park is 10,000 fans per day.
For those who missed out on tickets and for those who perhaps find out there brother is getting married that day and can’t go, organizers of the Newport Folk Festival have rolled out a “Safe Fan Ticket Exchange”.
The Latest From WUN
- Weather Alert: High Wind Warning issued for the region – Storm arrives Tuesday
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more