Ronald Dario Bacchiocchi (Sailor Ron) of Belmont Dr., Portsmouth, RI passed away suddenly on Friday, January 20, 2017. Born in Providence, son of the late Dario Anthony Bacchiocchi (BA Dario) and Sylvia Bouchard Bacchiocchi, has lived on Aquidneck Island for many years.
Ron had many passions throughout his colorful life including riding horses, yachting, deep sea diving, oceanography, photography, and riding Harley Davidson motorcycles. He ran several businesses including Lincoln Downs, Ocean State Theater (PPAC) and Anchor Steam Tattoo where he was the proprietor and artist.
He is survived by his daughter, Alixandra Dario Gifford and her husband, Tucker Alling Gifford and his granddaughter, Marley Dario Gifford all of Newport.
A graveside service will be held at 11:30 am on Saturday, January 28, 2017 at St. Ann’s Cemetery, 73 Church St, Cranston, RI.
Family and friends are welcome to attend at the Garden Mausoleum in St. Ann’s Cemetery for entombment.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Potter League for Animals, P.O. Box 412, Newport, RI 02840.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)