Richard James Gaston, 69, of Middletown died Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at Newport Hospital.
He was the husband of Helena M. (Souto) Gaston.
Born on April 27, 1947 in Newport, RI, he was the son of the late Melton M. and Margaret E. (Chaves) Gaston.
Mr. Gaston enjoyed spending most of his time with his family and friends, watching sports, NASCAR and routing for his Dallas Cowboys. He loves the outdoors including camping, fishing and a good camp fire.
Besides his wife of 47 years, he is survived by his children, Richard J. Gaston, Jr. of Dallas, GA and David J. Gaston and his wife Paula of East Wareham, MA, his brothers Michael J.Gaston and James J. Gaston both of Middletown, RI, his granddaughters, Alexis Grace Gaston and London Olivia Gaston of Dallas, GA and his aunt Dottie Gould of Middletown, RI.
Calling hours will be held on Friday, January 6, 2017, from 4-7pm in Memorial Funeral Home, 375 Broadway, Newport, RI.
His Memorial service will be held on Saturday, January 7, 2017, at 12PM in Jesus Saviour Church, Broadway, Newport, RI.
In lieu of flowers, donations in his memory may be made to Jesus Saviour Church, Maintenance Fund, 509 Broadway, Newport, RI 02840 or to the Middletown Rescue Wagon Fund, 239 Wyatt Road, Middletown, RI 02842.
This obituary first appeared on www.memorialfuneralhome.com, it has been republished with permission.
The Latest From WUN
- Now Hiring: 77 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- National Sailing Hall Of Fame inducts Class of 2021
- Newport woman is first-ever female to win Citizens Pell Bridge Run
- What’s Up This Week: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Full Moon Bike ride, The Exorcist, & more
- Newport Garden Club to host a talk by ‘The Seedhuntress’