Overall, Newport was mostly spared the wrath that was Hurricane/Superstorm Sandy on October 29th, 2012.
The Cliff Walk and Ocean Drive were heavily damaged and portions of downtown Newport saw flooding like they had never seen before.
A portion of The Cliff Walk was closed for nearly two years and reopened in June 2014 after a $5.2 million restoration.
Scroll over photo for photo credit. Click on a photo to visit photographer’s website or blog to see more of their work or more photos of Hurricane Sandy damage.
The Latest From WUN
- Newport woman is first-ever female to win Citizens Pell Bridge Run
- What’s Up This Week: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Full Moon Bike ride, The Exorcist, & more
- Newport Garden Club to host a talk by ‘The Seedhuntress’
- Changing seasons, changing exhibits at Little Compton Historical Society
- ‘Rock The Mansion’ raises more than $150,000 for Newport Mental Health