Sunset Romp Slated to Benefit The Rose Island Lighthouse Foundation
The Rose Island Lighthouse Foundation, with support from Wag Nation, will be celebrating Dogtoberfest on Rose Island this Sunday.
Adventurous canines and well behaved humans are invited to join the afternoon romp from 2:30 until 5:30 p.m. Proceeds from the event, which is being organized by Wag Nation, will benefit the Rose Island Lighthouse Foundation, the non-profit organization charged with maintaining the iconic light in the middle of Narragansett Bay.
Guests are invited to bring a lunch and enjoy a picnic while exploring the island and lighthouse.
Your ticket cost covers boat transportation to and from the island and all the fixings for smores by the campfire.
- RILF member – $27
- Non-member – $30
- Non-member Two person couple – $55
Boarding is scheduled to take place at the Alofsin Pier at Fort Adams at 2:30 p.m., with a return trip due to touch back dockside at approximately 5:30 p.m.
Space is limited to 50 people, and the romp is weather permitting.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)