Sunset Romp Slated to Benefit The Rose Island Lighthouse Foundation
The Rose Island Lighthouse Foundation, with support from Wag Nation, will be celebrating Dogtoberfest on Rose Island this Sunday.
Adventurous canines and well behaved humans are invited to join the afternoon romp from 2:30 until 5:30 p.m. Proceeds from the event, which is being organized by Wag Nation, will benefit the Rose Island Lighthouse Foundation, the non-profit organization charged with maintaining the iconic light in the middle of Narragansett Bay.
Guests are invited to bring a lunch and enjoy a picnic while exploring the island and lighthouse.
Your ticket cost covers boat transportation to and from the island and all the fixings for smores by the campfire.
- RILF member – $27
- Non-member – $30
- Non-member Two person couple – $55
Boarding is scheduled to take place at the Alofsin Pier at Fort Adams at 2:30 p.m., with a return trip due to touch back dockside at approximately 5:30 p.m.
Space is limited to 50 people, and the romp is weather permitting.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Newport Illuminated Boat Parade canceled due to weather
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Neutral Nation, Deer Tick and the All-Star Stars
- MLK Center to host free community holiday dinner on December 1
- Newport, Tiverton groups sharing $660,000 in grants to strengthen nonprofits led by people of color
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Schemers ring in the holiday season at The Met
- Blackstone River Theatre Holiday Craft Fair and Festival returns with 24 crafters and live music
- Just My Opinion: What are you thankful for in 2021?
- Newport Jazz Festival releases 2021 Thank You Video
- RITBA: For the first time since the pandemic began, traffic returning to 2019 levels on Pell Bridge
- Singing For Shelter returns December 1 – 22, nightly virtual live concerts will raise money for local shelters