Let the Dogs Romp on Rose Island This Sunday
Sunset Romp Slated to Benefit The Rose Island Lighthouse Foundation
Adventurous canines and well-behaved people are invited to bid farewell to summer this Sunday with a special sunset dog romp on Rose Island.
Proceeds from the event, which is being organized by Wag Nation, will benefit the Rose Island Lighthouse Foundation, the non-profit organization charged with maintaining the iconic light in the middle of Narragansett Bay.
Guests are invited to bring a lunch and enjoy a picnic while exploring the island and lighthouse.
Your ticket cost covers boat transportation to and from the island and all the fixings for smores by the campfire.
- RILF member – $27
- Non-member – $30
- Non-member Two person couple – $55
Boarding is scheduled to take place at the Alofsin Pier at Fort Adams at 3:30 p.m., with a return trip due to touch back dockside at 6 p.m.
Please note that space is limited to 40 people, and the romp is weather permitting.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)