Friends of Ballard Park will hold a star gazing program in Ballard Park’s quarry meadow on Saturday, September 10th from 8 to 9:30 pm. Robert Horton, Manager of Astronomical Laboratories at Brown University, and telescope operator Scott MacNeill will guide event goers through the fall constellations. The astronomers will bring their telescopes for up closing viewings of Saturn and Mars.
Ballard Park, Newport’s Only Nature Preserve, is located on the corner of Hazard and Wickham Roads. Event goers should use the Hazard Road entrance to access the event, bring a comfy chair or blanket and a flashlight.
There is a suggested donation of $5 per person and $15 per group.
Friends of Ballard Park is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting, maintaining and promoting Newport’s Only Nature Preserve. Cultural events and educational programming help to promote stewardship of the park and decrease negative park activities. Visit www.ballardpark.org or call401.619.3377 for more information.
The Latest From WUN
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education
- Wilbury Theatre Group launches Pay-What-You-Can ticket structure for all performances