Gospel Singer Songwriter Kenneth Johnson Returns to the Stage
Encore Performance at The Well
Returning to the stage this month is The Well favorite soloist and song writer Kenneth (KW) Johnson. Kenneth has a powerfully unique style and presence on stage that captures his audience from the start. Formerly a R&B singer, Kenneth has found his home in Gospel music.
As the Director of the Mens’ Gospel Choir at the Community Baptist Church in Newport, he is continually pushing boundries with his music and composition. A regular performer in the community, Kenneth has just released his cd, “You’ve Got My Love.” Kenneth will be performing his original music as well as favorite Gospel covers on Friday, 26 August at The Well.
The Well is a community coffeehouse connecting people throughout Newport County for an uplifting evening of great music, encouragement and fellowship. Featuring local musicians and artists, it is a FREE event. The setting is relaxed, informal and inviting. All are invited to attend and encouraged to bring a friend.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso