Sarah Fimple is the Beverage Manager at The Wharf Pub on Bowen’s Wharf in Newport, RI.
Here at the Wharf Pub we love to feature New England Craft Breweries, some very local located here in Newport, and some around New England such as Long Trail and Allagash Brewing Co. Here are some new and/or great craft beers that are worth picking up at the liquor store, searching for around the city or stopping into The Wharf Pub and giving a try!
Here are our top ten faves we always have at the Pub:
1. Whalers Brewing Co (Wakefield, RI) Lazerette Double IPA ABV: 8.0% IBU: 80
Loaded with Papaya, Pineapple and Tangerine this double IPA has huge citrus notes with a bite on the end.
2. Newport Storm (Newport, RI) Rhode Sodah ABV: 4.9% IBU: 37
Newport Storm’s newest Golden Ale El Dorado and Citra hops, with a touch of bitterness on the end.
3. Allagash Brewing Co (Portland, ME) ABV: 10.4 % IBU: 0
Allagash took their recipe from the Curieux batch and fermented with fresh pressed coffee. With notes of Coffee Vanilla and Bourbon what’s not to love?
4. Black Hog Brewing Co (Oxford, CT) Piglet DIIPA ABV: 8.8% IBU: 88
Piglet is dry hopped with Azaaca hops from the Pacific Northwest giving it huge tropical fruit notes.
5. Cisco Brewers (Nantucket, MA) Grey Lady ABV: 4.5% IBU: 20
Not only is this one of the staple beers at the pub, We also batter the Grey Lady ale in our Fish & Chips. Belgian style wheat ale with a slight fruity finish.
6. Brooklyn Brewery (Brooklyn, NY) Blast! ABV: 8.4% IBU: 80 (Editor’s Note: Yes we know that New York isn’t New England, Brookly n Brewery is too good not to mention here)
Using English and a blend of American hops, with a balance of malts with sweet caramel notes on the end.
7. The Shed Brewery (Middlebury, VT) IPA ABV: 6.0% IBU: 70
Unfiltered IPA with bright citrus hop aromas.
8. Foolproof Brewing Co (Pawtucket, RI) King of the Yahd ABV: 8.5% IBU: 80
Double IPA hopped with New Zealand hops, Giving it a bite with a citrus finish.
9. Long Trail Brewing Co (Bridgewater Corners, VT) ABV: 7.6% IBU: 80
One of Long Trail’s Year Round IPA’s with huge grapefruit notes.
10. Lord Hobo Brewing Co (Woburn, MA) Steal this Can ABV: 6.0% IBU: 53
IPA with aroma’s of peaches. You can also have a bundle of they’re beers at the local pub in Cambridge, MA.
The Wharf Pub is located at 37 Bowen’s Wharf and online on www.thewharfpubnewport.com.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island on Wednesday
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits
- Pell Bridge to transition to all-electronic tolling on October 27
- The Reef set to host inaugural Savor Newport Wine and Food Fest
- RI Hospitality Association’s 18th Annual Economic Outlook Breakfast predicts continued recovery in 2022
- Obituary: Peter J. O’Connell
- Concert Recap and Photos: George Thorogood at Indian Ranch (September 19, 2021)
- Obituary: Arthur Bennett Shattuck