The expansion of IYRS’s campus got underway in late June on Spring Wharf, where an old building was demolished to make way for a new 20,000 square foot state-of-the-art structure on a half-acre site the school acquired in 2015.
On Friday, Senator Jack Reed and Senator Sheldon Whitehouse were among the special guests for the groundbreaking ceremony that celebrated “The Future of IYRS” and trade education.
More information on Phase 1 of the project can be found here – https://whatsupnewp.com/phase-1-iyrs-expansion-begins/
The Latest From WUN
- Newport Garden Club to host a talk by ‘The Seedhuntress’
- Changing seasons, changing exhibits at Little Compton Historical Society
- ‘Rock The Mansion’ raises more than $150,000 for Newport Mental Health
- Obituary: Grace Elaine Kinnunen
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical “Million Dollar Quartet” coming to Boston’s Boch Center October 29th + 30th