The City Of Newport’s Department of Public Services will be placing a cone with a picture of either a bench or a bike rack at proposed locations along the Broadway corridor to give the merchants a visual of where they will be located on Wednesday.
If a local merchant or resident has any formal requests for changes, Broadway Merchants Association and the City Of Newport will be accepting them this week!
The highlighted Broadway Sidewalk Amenities plan can be found here – http://cityofnewport.com/departments/public-services/projects .
The Rhode Island Department of Transportation (RIDOT) in conjunction with the CIty of Newport is working on a project to completely upgrade the Broadway corridor from building to building. New street elements will include new curbing, widened exposed aggregate sidewalks, paver accent elements, permeable paver systems in parking areas and rain garden bioswales to treat rainwater runoff, raised decorative crosswalks with pedestrian bump-outs along with other pedestrian and bike safety elements, benches, bike racks, planters, bus shelters, waste receptacles and other amenities, decorative LED lighting, new trees, signage upgrades, and drainage upgrades.
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch