Katherine M. (Morrissey) Williams, “Kitty”, age 88, of Kay Boulevard, Newport RI died Friday, July 22, 2016, at Grand Islander Health Care Center in Middletown, RI. Kitty was born September 16, 1927, in Boston, MA, the daughter of the late Walter E. and the late Marion (O’Brien) Morrissey. She was the wife of the late Lt. Gerald F. Williams.
She is survived by her three children Steven Williams and his wife Janet of Bristol, RI, David Williams and his wife Mary of The Villages, FL, Nancy Tierno and her husband Joe of Middletown, RI, one sister, Marion (Sally) Cavalieri of Folsom, CA, seven grandchildren, Eric Williams, Sophie Williams, Andrew Williams, Jennifer Pimental, Justin Tierno, Jared Tierno, and Stephanie Tierno, and one great granddaughter, Isabel Tierno.
Calling hours will be held on Wednesday, July 27, 2016, from 4-8 pm at the Memorial Funeral Home, 375 Broadway, Newport, RI.
A Mass of Christian burial will be held on Thursday, July 28, 2016, at 10:00 am, at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, Broadway and Mann Avenue, Newport. Burial will be in St. Columba Cemetery, Brown’s Lane.
In lieu of flowers, donations in her memory may be made to the American Cancer Society of Rhode Island, 931 Jefferson Blvd., Suite 3004, Warwick, RI 02886, or to Special Olympics Rhode Island, Attn: Donations, 370 George Washington Highway, Smithfield, RI 02917.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13