The Forts Adams Trust Summer Solstice event held on Friday evening June 24th was widely acclaimed as a great success on multiple fronts.
A record setting attendance of 145 guests helped raise over $13,500 for the Fort Adams Trust, another record over previous summer events.
The funds raised came from: individual ticket and group sales, sponsorship packages at multiple levels, as well as, silent and live auctions. Guests were treated with exquisite cuisine from Blackstone Caterers, extensive hors d’oeuvres and a selection of fine entrees, complimentary bar from MS Walker, music by the X Isles, dancing, artillery performances by The Artillery Company of Newport accompanied by a bugler and French horn. All of this was done under a large tent on the North Lawn with sweeping views of Narragansett Bay culminating in a champagne sunset toast.
“The Summer Solstice 2016 was probably one of the finest events the fort has put on,” stated David Martland, president of the Fort Adams Trust. “It could not have been a more perfect evening crowned with absolutely perfect weather. The entire trust extends kudos to all the contributors, donators, sponsors, attendees and fort staff for a tremendously successful event, “he added.
“This was an incredible evening and all I heard were accolade after accolade,” commented Joe Dias, executive director of the Fort Adams Trust. “Everything ran as smooth as clockwork without a moment of waiting for anything, “he further commented.
The Fort Adams Trust’s Summer Solstice is the fort’s annual fund raiser to celebrate the beginning of summer and the fort’s peak visitors’ period.
About the Fort Adams Trust:
The Fort Adams Trust is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit responsible for preservation, programming, and promoting the National Historic Landmarks in Fort Adams State Park in Newport, Rhode Island. Over 100,000 people tour the Fort and attend events in the Park annually. The Trust accepts donations to support its preservation and programming missions. http://www.FortAdams.org
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13