The City of Newport has announced the extension of the due date for 1st quarter tax bills from August 5, 2016 to end of business day on August 10, 2016. Penalties and interest will not be charged for any tax bill received by or postmarked as of August 10, 2016.
Tax bills can be paid in person in the collections Office at City Hall located at 43 Broadway, or mailed to Collections, 43 Broadway, Newport, RI 02840. Copies of bills may be requested by contacting the Collections Office at 845-5403.
Several residents on Newport’s Nextdoor reported receiving their 1st Quarter Tax Bill later than usual.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts