Newport Vineyards has announced the opening of the Vineyard Café, as part of the final phase of their multi-million dollar expansion. Under the direction of Trisha Greene, Food & Beverage Director, and Andy Teixeria, Executive Chef, the new café offers a locally sourced menu as well as a wine and craft beer bar.
Back on April 6th, What’sUpNewp reported Fatulli’s departed Newport Vineyards for Lower Thames Street.
“We are excited to announce the opening of the Vineyard Cafe,” stated Newport Vineyards owner John Nunes. “The idea of pairing a memorable culinary experience with Newport Vineyards wine has been a goal for years. With the addition of Brix Restaurant and now the Vineyard Café, we are proud of the wine and culinary destination Newport Vineyards has become.”
Stemming from their “farm meets vine” philosophy to provide locally and thoughtfully sourced dishes, the Vineyard Café menu features items such as; Artisan Grilled Cheese, Aquidneck Farms Herb Roasted Beef Sandwich featuring Simmons Farm Garlic Chevre, Brix Burger featuring Aquidneck Farms beef, Artisan Cheese Board and selection of house-made sweets.
Open Tuesday through Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., the Vineyard Café offers table and bar service from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., a small plates WINE-D Down Menu from 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., and grab and go service all day. The Vineyard Café boasts 72-indoor seats through their 3500-square foot space, as well as 2000-square feet of additional outdoor seasonal seating overlooking the vineyards.
The Latest From WUN
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education
- Wilbury Theatre Group launches Pay-What-You-Can ticket structure for all performances