Barbara (Bond) Hardy, 72, of Newport died Saturday, May 28, 2016 at Village House Nursing Home of Newport, RI. Born in Newport, she was the daughter of the late Robert and Ellen (Jennings) Bond.
She leaves her five sons: Fred Cookinham, Archie Cookinham, Gene Cookinham, Frank Cookinham, John Cookinham and was the sister of Ellen Tavares and Robert A. Bond.
Barbara was the mother of the late Gilbert Cookinham and sister of the late Frank Bond.
Memorial services will be held Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 10:00AM in Amicable Church, 3736 Main Road, Tiverton, RI 02878.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools