Aurora E. Ferreira, 90, of Portsmouth died Wednesday, June 3, 2016 at Newport Hospital of Newport, RI.
She was the wife of John E. Ferreira.
Born on October 6, 1925 in Bristol, RI, she was the daughter of the late Manuel and Aurora (Amaral) Rogers.
Mrs. Ferreira owned and operated Aurora’s Gifts on Quaker Hill in Portsmouth after retiring from Raytheon. She also worked for Olivera’s Insurance in Fall River and Paquin Insurance and Travel as a travel agent and also America Travel in East Providence, RI. She was a member of the Portuguese Genealogy Society, the Portsmouth Historical Society, the Portsmouth School Committee and the Knitting and Spinners Guild.
Besides her husband of 72 years, she is survived by her children, Judith A. Ferreira of Portsmouth, RI and Dania Beach, FL, John E. “Bud” Ferreira of Portsmouth, RI Cynthia L. Bauer of Lake Forest, CA, and William R. Ferreira both of Portsmouth, RI, and ten grandchildren.
She was the sister of the late Manuel Rogers, David Rogers, William Rogers, Dorothy Andrade, Mary Correira and Evelyn Faria.
Calling hours will be held on Sunday June 5, 2016 from 4-7pm in Connors Funeral Home, 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth, RI.
Her service will be held on Monday June 6, 2015, at 10 am, in Connors Funeral Home, 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth.
Her burial will follow in Portsmouth Cemetery, Turnpike Avenue, Portsmouth.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Seven Castles Club Scholarships 9 Whits End Drive, Westport, MA 02790.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year
- Home on Chastellux Avenue in Newport sells for $7.1 million