Sarah Fimple is the Beverage Manager at The Wharf Pub on Bowen’s Wharf in Newport, RI.
Fimp’s Fave Five is back, Fimp’s Fave Five is here to tip you off on five new and/or great craft beers that are worth picking up at the liquor store, searching for or stopping into The Wharf Pub and giving a try over the next week!
- Buzzards Bay Lizzie’s Famous “81 Whacks” ABV: 6.4% – Brewed once a year at Buzzards Bay out of Westport, MA. Lizzie’s Famous “81 Whacks” is an Imperial Red ale with notes of toffee, caramel and citrus with a clean malt finish.
- Black Hog S.W.A.G ABV: 4.7% – New this week from Black Hog is they’re new summer seasonal S.W.A.G. A summer wheat ale with grapefruit with a slight tart finish.
- Evil Genius Stacy’s Mom IPA ABV: 7.5% – An American IPA dry-hopped with Citra hops with tropical fruit notes and a malt finish with a low bitterness on the end.
- Maine Beer Company Mo ABV 6.0% – Pale ale brewed with American two row malts, with notes of passion fruit, pine, and zesty citrus.
- Thimble Island Ghost – ABV 7.7% (brand new to the pub) – Double IPA with notes of citrus with a malt finish.
Other Happenings At The Wharf Pub
Come try our flight of the week! This week we are featuring: Coronado Berry the Hatchet, Two Roads Espressway and Buzzards Bay Lizzie’s Famous “81 Whacks” for $14 (while supplies last).
Friday: Live music at 8pm. No cover.
Saturday: Live music at 8pm. No cover.
Sunday: Live music at 2pm. No cover.
Tuesday: Open Mic Night at 8pm-Sing a song and get a complimentary burger or sandwich
Thursday: Bingo at 8pm. Bingo cards cost just $1 and you can win prizes such as gift certificates for dinner at The Wharf Pub
The Wharf Pub is located at 37 Bowen’s Wharf and online at www.thewharfpubnewport.com.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits