Sarah Fimple is the Beverage Manager at The Wharf Pub on Bowen’s Wharf in Newport, RI.
Fimp’s Fave Five is back, Fimp’s Fave Five is here to tip you off on five new and/or great craft beers that are worth picking up at the liquor store, searching for or stopping into The Wharf Pub and giving a try over the next week!
- Buzzards Bay Lizzie’s Famous “81 Whacks” ABV: 6.4% – Brewed once a year at Buzzards Bay out of Westport, MA. Lizzie’s Famous “81 Whacks” is an Imperial Red ale with notes of toffee, caramel and citrus with a clean malt finish.
- Black Hog S.W.A.G ABV: 4.7% – New this week from Black Hog is they’re new summer seasonal S.W.A.G. A summer wheat ale with grapefruit with a slight tart finish.
- Evil Genius Stacy’s Mom IPA ABV: 7.5% – An American IPA dry-hopped with Citra hops with tropical fruit notes and a malt finish with a low bitterness on the end.
- Maine Beer Company Mo ABV 6.0% – Pale ale brewed with American two row malts, with notes of passion fruit, pine, and zesty citrus.
- Thimble Island Ghost – ABV 7.7% (brand new to the pub) – Double IPA with notes of citrus with a malt finish.
Other Happenings At The Wharf Pub
Come try our flight of the week! This week we are featuring: Coronado Berry the Hatchet, Two Roads Espressway and Buzzards Bay Lizzie’s Famous “81 Whacks” for $14 (while supplies last).
Friday: Live music at 8pm. No cover.
Saturday: Live music at 8pm. No cover.
Sunday: Live music at 2pm. No cover.
Tuesday: Open Mic Night at 8pm-Sing a song and get a complimentary burger or sandwich
Thursday: Bingo at 8pm. Bingo cards cost just $1 and you can win prizes such as gift certificates for dinner at The Wharf Pub
The Wharf Pub is located at 37 Bowen’s Wharf and online at www.thewharfpubnewport.com.