Norman Bird Sanctuary will host its 10th Annual 5K Run/Walk in honor of David Ley’s, Jr. on Saturday, June 18th 2016.
A Father’s Day Weekend tradition for many, this will be the perfect family activity where participants will run, walk, or jog past scenic vistas of field, ridge and beach while the birds cheer everyone on! This event is USATF sanctioned.
Kids will join the fun by registering for the Frosty Freez Kids Run. After the race all are welcome back at the Sanctuary for music by DJ Butch, refreshments and awards.
Adult registration $25/$30 after June 1st. Kids Run registration $5. Registration available online at www.normanbirdsanctuary.org.
All proceeds support the Norman Bird Sanctuary and its mission of land and wildlife conservation, and environmental education.
About Norman Bird Sanctuary
The Norman Bird Sanctuary is a not-profit organization dedicated to the protection and stewardship of 325-acres of diverse habitat in Middletown, RI – the largest contiguous open space on Aquidneck Island. More than 20,000 people, from all walks of life, visit Norman Bird Sanctuary each year to enjoy seven miles of trails and learn about the natural world through public education programs, school programs and field trips, and camps for children. The organization was founded in 1949.
The Latest From WUN
- Potter League to host 32nd Annual Heart & Sole Walk for Animals at Fort Adams
- The Beach Boys To play Mohegan Sun Arena on New Year’s Eve
- FirstWorks to present “Women Trailblazers in Music” in November
- Now Hiring: 77 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- National Sailing Hall Of Fame inducts Class of 2021