Newport Patch is reporting (Portsmouth Abbey Abbot Abruptly Resigns) that Reverand Dom Cadmon Homes, Abbot and Chancellor of Portsmouth Abbey School, has abruptly resigned.
The reason for his abrupt resigning is attributed to admitting misconduct.
“The abbot and chancellor at Portsmouth Abbey School has abruptly resigned after admitting misconduct.”
For more information, read the story from Newport Patch.
Portsmouth Abbey School is a coeducational, Catholic Benedictine boarding and day school for students in grades 9-12, it was founded in 1926 by the English Benedictine community.
Portsmouth Abbey School joins St. George’s School in being a private and Catholic school on Aquidneck Island that is dealing with alleged misconduct, St. Georges is currently is under investigation and in the midst of legal settlements after dozens of alumni say they were sexually abused by staff and fellow students.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year