Manuel “Manny” Laureanno, 69, of Portsmouth died unexpectedly on Monday, May 16, 2016. Born on January 16, 1947 in Fall River, MA, he was the son of the late Almerinda (Roderigues) and Manuel C. Laureanno.
Manny earned his pilot’s license and flew his own twin engine plane. He also restored antique cars. He enjoyed being with friends, scuba diving, fishing, hunting, skiing, camping, riding his motorcycle and he especially enjoyed spending time with his grandson Mitchell. In his retirement, he continued his passion for repairing, restoring and creating.
He leaves behind a daughter, Lisa Marie Davis and her husband Kenneth; a son, Robert C. Laureanno; his grandson Mitchell Laureanno Lopes; a former spouse, Chee Laureanno; his sisters Almerinda George and her husband John and Alice Gamon; and many nieces and nephews.
Visiting hours are on Friday, May 27th from 5:00pm to 7:00pm at Connors Funeral Home, 55 W. Main Rd., Portsmouth, RI. A memorial service will immediately follow at 7:00 pm at Connors Funeral Home.
Prayers in lieu of flowers please.
The Latest From WUN
- Grammy-Nominated Artist Leigh Nash playing Club Passim Tuesday, November 2
- Hocus Pocus 2 begins filming in Rhode Island
- Kerri Powers and Stefan Couture playing Blackstone River Theatre October 30th
- “Creatures of Imagination” exhibition opens Oct. 21 at Salve Regina’s Hamilton Gallery
- What Sold: 24 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (Oct. 11 – 15)